Choose your country/region to see content specific to your location
Save up to 104 on the world's smartest chessboards. Limited period offer.
Infivention Technologies Private Limited (“Company” or “We” or “Us” and their connotations) operates a website (url: https://squareoffnow.com/) nd a suite of mobile applications which are 'Square Off - Chess App', ‘Analyze This’, 'Chess moves', 'iChess' and 'Follow chess' (together called as “Platform”) which is engaged in the Service, as defined in the Terms found on https://squareoffnow.com/terms-and-conditions.
01. LEGAL BASIS
- The Information Technology Act, 2000
- The Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “IT Rules”)
- The Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011
03. INFORMATION COLLECTED
All information collected by the Company is with the Users’ consent. The Company is however free to use, collect, and disclose information of the Users which is in the public domain.
When Users use / register on the Platform, the Users may provide the Company with certain information voluntarily specific to the nature of the service being availed on the Platform and/or certain information may be collected by the Company. This information may include sensitive personal information as defined under the IT rules (“Personal Information”).
The Users hereby consent to the collection of such information by the Company.
Information collected by the Company shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Contact Details (Permanent Address, Correspondence Address, Email ID, Mobile No etc.);
- Date of Birth, Nationality;
- Age, Gender and other Demographics;
- financial information (like credit card, banking details).
We also collect certain information either when the Users provide it using the Platform or Services and / or automatically as you navigate through the Platform (which may include usage details, IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies).
We may also collect information associated with any other account (such as your Facebook, Whatsapp, yahoo, Google accounts) that you use to sign in to or in any other manner connected with the Platform. This includes, without limitation, any information that you have made public through such an account, information that such account service-provider shares with us or information that is disclosed during the sign-up and sign-in processes.
If the Company has reasons to suspect that the information provided by any User is misleading, inaccurate, obsolete or incomplete, the Company reserves the right to refuse provision of the Services to the User, at its sole discretion.
04. USE OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect Personal Information only necessary for the following purposes:
- To create and maintain your account;
- To enable you to avail of our Services, and ensure efficient customer care experience and develop new features;
- To send surveys or marketing communications to inform you of new products or services or other information that may be of interest;
- To improve marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze Platform usage, improve the Platform’s content and Service offerings, and customize the App's content, layout, and Services
- To dispatch transaction-related communications such as welcome letters and billing reminders;
- To notify the necessary information related to the Platform and your account on the Platform from time to time;
- To maintain records and provide you with an efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Platform;
- To analyze overall trends to helps us improve the Platform and Services;
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity;
- To comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- To transfer the data and the rights associated therewith to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of any division of the Company or the entire Company itself
- We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information in response to any statutory or legal requirements in order to protect our rights, the rights of our other Users, data processors and any other person or property.
- The Platform offers publicly accessible blogs and/or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. The Company may or may not be able to remove your personal information.
- Finally, we will use or disclose your Personal Information if we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or property, violations of the Platform’s other policies, or as otherwise required by law when responding to subpoenas, court orders and other legal processes.
05. DATA PROTECTION
The security of Personal Information is important and We have implemented commercially acceptable means to protect the same. However, remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and We cannot guarantee its absolute security. We have implemented best industry practices and security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the data including Personal Information that is under the Company’s control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, for any data loss or theft due to unauthorized access to the User’s electronic devices through which the User avails the Services, We shall not be held liable for any loss whatsoever incurred by the User.
In the event, our partners and third parties distribute Personal Information outside the scope of our agreement with such partners or third parties, the Company cannot be held liable for the confidentiality. Further, in case breach of security or actions including without limitation, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes etc., you agree that the Company will not be held responsible in any manner.
06. Sharing of Personal Information
The Company may share your Personal Information with third party service providers (called ‘data processors’) to perform certain processing activities on our behalf, such as Parties involved in hosting and enabling our Services. Please note that we will not share your Personal Information with third parties allowing them to use this information for their own purposes unless you have given explicit consent thereto. Our of third party processors include:
|Google Cloud Platform||Cloud Services|
|Google Firebase||For push notifications, to send messages for Platform related functionality to the IOS and Android apps|
|Freshworks||To manage user queries and customer support|
|Fabric||For tracking crashes and maintaining a crash log|
07. THIRD PARTY DISCLAIMER
Additionally, the Platform may allow for certain content generated by the User, which can be accessed by other Users. Such Users, including any moderators or administrators, are not authorized representatives or agents of the Company and their opinions or statements do not necessarily reflect those of the Company and We are not bound thereby to any contract to that effect. The Company expressly disclaims any liability for any reliance or misuse of such information that is made available by the Users
08. RIGHTS OF THE USERS
As a User, the Company grants complete control of the information submitted. The rights pertaining thereto are enumerated below:
The right to access, update or delete the information We have on the User.
This can be done through the User’s account settings available on the Platform.
- The right of rectification. Users have the right to have their information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object and restrict. Users can object and restrict to the processing of their Personal Information. This may however, interfere with the provision of Services to its optimum.
- The right to data portability. Users have the right to be provided with a copy of the information We have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. Users have the right to withdraw their consent at any time where consent is given pertaining to Personal Information.
Please note that Users may be asked to verify identity before responding to such requests. If the Users are unable to perform these actions themselves, please get in touch with the Grievance Officer for assistance.
09. CONTACT DETAILS
Users may contact the Company by email or postal mail on the following address of the Grievance Officer:
Infivention Technologies Private Limited
Grievance Officer: Infivention Team
E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org