Choose your country/region to see content specific to your location
World's Smartest A.I. chessboards starting at just $199. Get yours now -
1. What is the rating of the chess program?
We use Stockfish 14 with ELO rating ranging from 800 up to 3380 depending on the difficulty level.
2. What are the steps to get started?
Video Guide here
1) Unscrew the shipping lock from behind the board till it’s completely out
2) Plugin the adapter and Switch on the board
3) Open the Square Off app
4) Log in via any account and Click on 'Connect Now' which will automatically pair with your Square Off chessboard
5) You are now ready to play a game of chess on the board
1. What is in the box?
Chess pieces, Adapter, quick start guide and phone stand will be along with the board.
2. What are the dimensions and weight of the chessboard?
Here are the dimensions:
Kingdom Set : 485mm x 485mm x 49 mm
Grand Kingdom Set: 603mm x 484mm x 49mm
King’s height - 2.5 inch
Square Size - 1.5 inch
3. How long will it take to charge the battery?
Up to 3 hours
4. How to know/identify the board is switched on or off?
The power LED will indicate so
5. How do you maintain and clean your Square Off board?
Clean it with a damp cloth and dry with a soft, lint-free cloth. We do not recommend the use of any solvents to clean the exterior surface of the board.
1. What is the warranty period?
Square Off devices purchased on Square Off store come with a limited warranty of 12 months starting from the date of delivery. The limited warranty only covers product defects caused by workmanship or build materials. Any repair and replacement service covered by warranty, along with shipping and handling, will be free within this period. 12 months repair for malfunction 10 days replacement for hardware functionally defective Read our complete warrant policy
2. Why have I not received my RMA label yet?
1) Please check the Junk/Spam folder of your inbox.
2) Please check for emails for firstname.lastname@example.org with the Order number in the email.
3) If unresolved still, please send us an email on email@example.com
1. How long does it take to deliver the board?
The actual date of delivery depends on the availability of the product and will be informed on the product page. However from the time of dispatch it usually takes around 4 to 5 days to deliver. We would do all it takes to deliver within this time frame.
2. How does Square Off ship orders?
Square Off is manufactured in China, warehoused in Fremont in United States and Ireland in Europe, from there it gets dispatched to different countries in EU. You will receive your FedEx/DHL tracking number once it is dispatched
1. How do I apply the promo code?
You can apply your promo code at the cart and payment pages. On the right, below the list of products you're purchasing, you'll see a field that says "promo code". Enter your promo code there and click "Apply" to add the discount to your order.
2. What are the modes of payment available?
You can pay using a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Microsoft Pay, Affirm
3. Do we have to pay for the app or does it come along with the board?
It’s absolutely free of cost. Once you get your board, you can just download the App from the iOS or android app stores and get started
4. Will I have to pay any taxes or fees on my order?
As a rule VAT is collected for the boards that is ordered from EU, during checkout
1. Why does the board not power on?
Charge the board for 3 hours and then try switching on. The red light on the power on switch should glow and the machine should move inside the board.
2. Why are the chess pieces not moving?
1) The chess pieces should be aligned correctly i.e., white pieces on the side of the board with Square Off logo and black pieces on the opposite side.
2) Check whose turn it is on the app. If you are white, you will need to make the first move on the board.
3) If unresolved still, restart the board and the app.
3. Why do I hear grinding sound from the Square Off board?
1) Power off the board.
2) Tilt the chessboard by lifting the logo side up and moving the internal mechanism towards another side. Then shake the board in an up and down motion slowly while the board is in it's the original position. Then restart both app and board and try again.
4. How to Set Up Chess?
Whether or not you’re new to this ancient strategy game, our chess setup is one of the easiest things to learn! All you have to know is the chess board layout and so that you can properly place your game pieces. The standard chess board sits at 64 squares arranged in rows of 8x8.
You’ll have all sorts of chess board pieces from pawns to rooks to knights and more. As a strategy game, try to envision your chess set as if you were aligning soldiers on a battlefield. The pawns, or main soldiers, are on the front lines while the kings and queens sit and watch from the safety of the back.
Write to us and we will get back to you as soon as possible