Catch us at Chess Olympiad Chennai 2022
Thank you for showing interest in the products of Square Off owned and operated by Infivention Technologies Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as Company, We, us or any of its connotations). We provide AI Chess set (hereinafter referred to as the Physical Product or Product) for the purpose of organizing a real-time game with an opponent residing anywhere in the world.
This Returns and Warranty Policy (hereinafter referred to as Policy) applies to all products purchased directly from the Company by the visitors or members (referred to as You, User or any of its connotations)..
01. General Instructions
We gladly accept returns for the Product under warranty and for issues covered under warranty for the Product purchased from us. We would encourage you to inspect all the elements and confirm that everything is included and that the Product matches to your packing slip. Be sure to save the box and shipping carton in the unlikely event that you'll need it for a return shipment. We will issue a service/exchange as long as the following criteria are met:
- The Product is returned in the same condition as it was when shipped.
- Must be received in the original packing material and with all of its accessories. Product returned will be inspected when it arrives at the warehouse and any and all refunds and/or warranty service shall be subject any damages occurred in transit back to the Company.
- Copy of a valid receipt or the Company's direct online store auto-generated order number is required.
02. SQUARE OFF PROMISE
At Square Off, we value our users’ satisfaction the most. The board that reaches you goes through a series of quality checks and audits in order to provide you with the most enhanced experience. You can enjoy peace of mind with our 30 day, no-hassle return policy and easy access to our friendly support team. Following are the Square Off Promise guidelines:
- Returns are only accepted within 30 days from the date of delivery. However, in case of any cosmetic problem identified (scratch, dent, etc.) from the manufacturer’s end, the board can only be returned within 7 days from the date of delivery. To return your product, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the receipt or proof of purchase. (Please note that the board has to be returned undamaged, in its original condition, and in the original packaging in accordance with this policy) We will exchange it or offer a refund of the purchase price paid.
- Product must be packed in the original and unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals and documentation that were shipped along with the Product. You are responsible for risk of loss or damage to the Product while it is in transit to the Company.
- Product must be shipped within 5 days from the day when RMA details are sent.
- Product returned will be inspected when it arrives at the warehouse and any/all refunds shall be subject to any damages occurred.
- Any internal damages or technical issues arising out of mishandling by the user (spilling of liquid on the board, dropping the board, etc) will not be accounted for.
- The time to credit the refund amount to your account may vary depending on processing time.
- Square Off reserves the final authority to assess the return and refund eligibility of the board.
- Open box purchases cannot be returned or refunded. If the product is defective, we will offer a replacement after evaluation of the defective unit.
- Purchases from kickstarter.com and indiegogo.com are NOT included in this category.
03. Kickstarter and Indiegogo Series
All purchases from kickstarter.com and indiegogo.com shall be included in this category.
- We offer a one-year warranty to all products under this category. The terms and conditions of the policy are mentioned in the warranty section below.
- Refunds will not be provided by the company for cancellations made once the products are in manufacturing phase or after the dispatch of products
- All order cancellations and refunds are subject to a 20% deduction which includes Crowdfunding Platform Charges + Payment gateway fees + currency conversion loss
The guidelines laid down by the Company with regards to the warranty are as follows:
- The Company offers warranty for a period of 1 (one) year from date of delivery of the Product from the retailer by the User (Warranty Period). However, this warranty is subject to conditions as it is applicable only if the Product is put in normal use and the defects are occurred in its materials or caused due to its artisanship. This offer for warranty is limited to Company's hardware product and any other supplements comprehended in the indigenous packaging.
- To obtain warranty service, you must deliver the Product, freight prepaid by the customer, in either its original packaging or packaging providing an equal degree of protection, to the address specified by the Company. In accordance with applicable law, the Company may require that you furnish, proof of purchase details and/or comply with registration requirements before receiving warranty service.
- You must understand that only the Company shall perform all sorts of service on the Product and hence you should not open the Product as it may cause damage. In any case, if you tend to open the Product then the Company has the authority to decline offers for warranty.
- The Company does not provide warranty to any hardware Products which are not branded by the Company although it is packaged or sold with the Company's hardware. The Company does not give any assurance that the operation of the Company's Product will not be hindered or will be error-free. The Company shall not be held responsible for any damages arising due to failure to follow the instructions relating to the use of Product.
- This warranty does not apply:
- to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship
- to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- to damage caused by use with a third-party component or Product that does not meet the specifications of Company's Products;
- to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, fire, liquid contact, earthquake or other external cause;
- to damage caused by operating the Company's Product outside the Company's published guidelines;
- to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not authorized by the Company;
- to the Company's Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of the Company;
- to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Company's Product; (i) if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Company's Product;
- Before receiving warranty service, the Company or its agents may require that you furnish proof of purchase details, respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential issues and follow the procedures laid down by the Company for obtaining warranty service. Following warranty service, your Product or a replacement product will be returned to you as your Product was configured when originally purchased, subject to applicable updates if any.
- The Company reserves the right to change the method by which the Company may provide warranty service to you, and your Product's eligibility to receive a particular method of service.
- If you submit a claim to the Company during warranty period, the Company will at its discretion get the Product repaired by new or second-hand parts that shall be similar to new in performance and reliability, or shall replace the Product with the similar model (or if you permit, with a product that has similar functionality) formed out of new or second hand parts that shall be similar to new in performance and reliability, or interchange the Product for a refund.
- The warranty will become null and void, if the product was transported from the original point of delivery to another location. In such cases, we will provide remote assistance.
You are requested by the Company to replace certain user-installable Products or parts. The warranty Period of replaced part or Product which includes a user-installable part that has been installed under the instruction of the Company presumes the remaining term of the warranty or 90 (ninety) days from the day of replacement or repair. When a Product or part of the Product is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes Company's property. Parts provided by the Company in fulfillment of its warranty obligation must be used in Products for which warranty service is claimed.
Before you claim for warranty, you are requested to approach online help resources, who shall guide you to solve your Product's glitch. However, if you believe that you have not received an appropriate solution, then the Company itself will assist you in identifying whether the Product has to undergo servicing. When you make telephonic communication with the Company you shall incur the charges that may apply depending on your location.
There are no express warranties other than those listed and described above, and no warranties whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and warranties against hidden or latent defects, shall apply after the express warranty period stated above, and no other express warranty or guarantee given by any person, firm or corporation with respect to this product shall be binding on the Company.
Except as provided in this warranty and to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company is not responsible for loss of revenue or profits, failure to realize savings or other benefits, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation, loss of, damage to, compromise or corruption of data, or any other special, incidental or consequential damages caused by the use, misuse or inability to use this product, or any breach of any warranty or condition regardless of the legal theory on which the claim is based, and even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Nor shall recovery of any kind against the Company be greater in amount than the purchase price of the Company. Without limiting the foregoing, purchaser assumes all risk and liability for loss, damage or injury to purchaser and purchaser's property and to others and their property arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use this product sold by the Company not caused directly by the gross negligence of the Company. This limited warranty shall not extend to anyone other than the original purchaser of this product, is nontransferable and states your exclusive remedy.
05. Cancellation Policy
All orders are automatically processed and sent for shipment. During this process we might incur irreversible fees. Therefore, while we understand that orders might need to be changed sometimes, we are unable to do it free of charge after a certain point. We strictly adhere to the following cancellation policy:
- If the order is cancelled before the dispatch of goods then the Company will provide 100% refund.
- If the order is cancelled after the dispatch of products but before it reaches the user then the Company will deduct the shipping cost and restocking charges from the total amount.
- If you wish to cancel, please contact us at email@example.com with the receipt or proof of purchase and the reason for the cancellation.
06. Governing Laws
This Returns and Warranty Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996, the seat of arbitration shall be Mumbai. Subject to this competent Courts of Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Company may seek injunctive or other equitable relief to protect its intellectual property rights in any court of competent jurisdiction.
07. Out Of Warranty Service Policy
- If the warranty is expired, the company will repair any broken/defective parts of a product using new or replacement parts.
- After examining your Square Off board, our technician will confirm the total cost for repair along with the service charges.
- The shipping cost of 50 USD will be applicable to pick your board and deliver at your address