World's Smartest A.I. chessboards starting at just $199. Offer ends in
Infivention Technologies Private Limited (“Company” or “We” or “Us” and their connotations) operates a website (URL: http://www.squareoffnow.com/) and a suite of mobile applications which are 'Square Off - Chess App', ‘Analyze This’, 'Chess moves', 'iChess' and 'Follow chess' (together called as “Platform”). Our Platform primarily acts as a platform for users to connect online with other users and play chess via an internet connection and post other related User Material.
These Terms shall apply fully to your use of this Platform. By using this Platform, you agree to accept all terms and conditions written in here. You must not use this Platform if you disagree with these Terms.
Minors or people below 18 years old using this Platform and any person below the age of 18 years availing the Services shall be deemed to have obtained parental consent to do so. If you are a parent or guardian and you provide your consent to your child's use of the Platform, you agree to be bound by these Terms in respect to their use of the Platform.
01. License to Use
Company hereby grants you the limited right to access, view and use the Platform only for the purposes of accessing, viewing or playing content, using various features of the Platform such as making video calls and chatting online, posting or submitting User Material, using the embedded link functions, placing store orders or for accessing information and Services.
Any rights not expressly granted to you herein are reserved by the Company.
When using the Platform you may choose to, and in some instances, you will be required to, create an account with Company. If you do create an account with Company, you agree that you shall take all steps necessary to protect your login details and keep them secret.
In these terms, references to "login details" or "account" include your login details and account for any social network or platform that you may allow the Platform to interact with.
The Company will be entitled to assume that anyone logging into your account using your log in details is either you or someone logging in with your permission. If you fail to keep your login details secret, or if you share your login details or account with someone else (whether intentionally or unintentionally), you accept full responsibility for the consequences of this (including any unauthorized purchases) and agree to fully compensate Company for any losses or harm that may result.
The Company will not be responsible to you for any loss that you suffer as a result of an unauthorized person accessing your account and/or using the Platform and Company accepts no responsibility for any losses or harm resulting from its unauthorized use, whether fraudulently or otherwise.
You understand that if you delete your account, or if Company deletes your account, you may lose access to any data previously associated with your account.
You acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in any account that you create while availing the Services.
Your account is personal to you and you are not entitled to transfer your account to any other person.
03. Virtual Items
The Platform also provides a service where it shall enable Users to earn Virtual Items based on the completion of certain milestones and other conditions as specified on the Platform.
Company reserves the right to suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website. This license is limited to personal and non-commercial uses by you. Any rights not expressly granted to you herein are reserved to Company.
“Virtual Items” shall include virtual currency, including without limitation virtual coins, tokens, and other virtual in-game items that can be exclusively used on the Platform to purchase various items that are listed on the Platform.
You may also use “real” money to purchase the Virtual Items and earn a limited license and right to use the Virtual Items on the Platform. Please note that when you purchase Virtual Items, the Company is not a party to the transaction and your purchase will be governed by the third-party platform’s payment terms and conditions. Please review the platform’s terms of service for additional information.
For purchasing any Virtual Items, your order will represent an offer to us to obtain a limited license and right to use the Virtual Item(s) that will be accepted by us when we accept payment. At that point, your limited license to the relevant Virtual Item(s) shall begin. Although you may transfer the Virtual Item(s) to any other user on the Platform, We do not promote the same and you shall be doing this at your sole discretion. The Company shall not be liable in the event of any unauthorized transfer of Virtual Items from your account.
You are not allowed to sublicense, trade, sell, or attempt to sell Virtual Items for “real” money, or exchange Virtual Items for value of any kind outside of the Platform. Any such transfer or attempted transfer is prohibited and void.
You understand that while you may earn or purchase Virtual Items on our Platform, you do not legally “own” the Virtual Items and the amounts of any Virtual Item do not refer to any credit balance of real currency or its equivalent. Any “virtual currency” balance shown in your account does not constitute a real-world balance or reflect any stored value, but instead constitutes a measurement of the extent of your limited license.
In the event that the Company is made aware of any illegal or fraudulent activity being done by any User, we reserve the right to effectively terminate that account. In such an event, all unused Virtual Items shall be forfeited and all transactions shall be deemed null and void.
You acknowledge that the company is not required to provide a refund for any reason, and that you will not receive real money or other compensation for unused Virtual Items when an account is closed, whether such closure was voluntary or involuntary, or whether you made a payment through our Platform or any other sites or platforms where we offer our services.
Purchases to acquire a limited license and right to use Virtual Items are non-refundable to the fullest extent allowed by law. Company reserves the right to make the final decision for all matters regarding any kind of refund.
04. Rules of Conduct and Restrictions
You must comply with the laws that apply to you in the location that you access the Platform from. If any laws applicable to you restrict or prohibit you from using the Services, you must comply with those legal restrictions or, if applicable, stop accessing and/or using the Services.
The game's rules, scoring rules, controls, and guidelines can be found within the game itself. Such rules, scoring rules, controls and guidelines form part of these Terms and you agree that you shall comply with them in respect of game which you choose to access and/or play.
You are responsible for the internet connection and/or mobile charges that you may incur for accessing and/or using the Platform. You are advised to ask your mobile operator or internet service provider if you are unsure of what these charges will be before you access and/or use the Platform.
The Company will be entitled to assume that anyone logging into your account using your log in details is either you or someone logging in with your permission. If you fail to keep your login details secret, or if you share your login details or account with someone else (whether intentionally or unintentionally), you accept full responsibility for the consequences of this (including any unauthorized purchases) and agree to fully compensate Company for any losses or harm that may result
You promise that all the information you provide to Company on accessing and/or using the Services is and shall remain true, accurate and complete at all times.
Notwithstanding anything, you are specifically restricted from all of the following:
- selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Platform material;
- using this Platform in any way that is or may be damaging to this Platform;
- publicly performing and/or showing any Platform material without the Company’s prior written consent; (please note, this does not stop you from fairly and honestly providing links to the Platform, or showing the Platform to other people)
- using this Platform in any way that impacts user access to this Platform;
- using this Platform contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Platform, us or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Platform;
- Remove, disable, modify, add to or tamper with any program code or data, copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices and legends contained on or in the Platform;
- hack, attempt to hack, modify, adapt, merge, translate, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or create derivative works out of the Platform or any part of them (save to the extent which expressly cannot be prohibited in accordance with the applicable mandatory law in your jurisdiction);
- Include contact details intended to enable communication outside of the Service, in any Communication;
- using this Platform to engage in any advertising or marketing;
- Use or process the Platform or any part of them unfairly or for any illegal or immoral purpose;
- Create software which mimics any data or functionality in the Platform;
- undertaking any activity on the Platform that will amount to wrongful gains or cause any kind of wrongful loss to the Company or any other user on the Platform. This includes using unfair means to obtain Virtual Items. (Notwithstanding anything, the Company’s decision on such matters shall be final and binding on all parties);
- delete or obscure any copyright or other proprietary notice on the Platform.
Certain areas of this Platform are restricted from being accessed by you and we may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Platform, at any time, in absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Platform are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well.
05. User Material
In these Terms, “User Material” shall mean any audio, video text, images or other material you choose to display on this Platform. By displaying User Material, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable, sub licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media.
User Material must be your own and must not be invading any third-party's rights. We reserve the right to remove any User Material from this Platform at any time without notice.
06. Intellectual Property Rights
Other than the content you own, under these Terms, We and/or our licensors own all the intellectual property rights and materials contained in this Platform.
This Platform and the Services provided are on an “as is,” basis. The Company, its licensors and affiliates make no representations or warranties of any kind (express, statutory or implied) as to the operation of the Platform, provision of Services or the information, content, materials, or products included on the Platform, or in association with the Services or any third party websites or services. The Company will not be held responsible for any unethical, illegal acts performed by the Users and the action of each of the Users shall be their own responsibility solely.
The Company disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, quality of service and fitness for a particular purpose and shall not be responsible for any loss of data, loss of profits or any kind of misuse (statutory or otherwise) by any of its Users individually or during their interaction with each other. There may be times when the Platform or any part of them is not available for technical or maintenance related reasons, whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis.
Except as provided above, there are no other warranties, conditions or other terms and conditions, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and all such terms and conditions are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
08. Limitation of liability
In no event shall the Company, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Platform, whether such liability is under contract. The Company, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Platform.
External Sites have not been verified or reviewed by the Company and all use and access of External Sites is made at your own risk. "External Sites" means third party websites and online services availed in order to continue providing you with the Services. The Company gives no other warranty in connection with the Service and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Company excludes liability for:
- any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including any direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem which Company have been made aware of;
- the accuracy, currency or validity of information and material contained within any communications or the Platform;
- any interruptions to or delays in updating the Platform;
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on the Platform;
- the infringement by any person of any copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party through any communication or use of the Platform;
- the availability, quality, content or nature of External Sites;
- any transaction involving External Sites;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user's computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading the Platform, or any communication (save that, where digital content supplied to you by Company or on behalf of Company through the Platform causes damage to your digital content or devices you may be entitled to compensation or repair or replacement, in which case kindly inform the Company); and
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms and conditions which but for this notice would have an effect.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent the Company and its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
11.Variation of Terms
The Company is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit or in the event that it is legally obligated to do the same, and by using this Platform you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis. The changes to the Terms shall be treated as read, recognized, understood, consented and accepted if you continue to use the Platform post such changes. The Company may display accessible information on the Platform to inform all users about any amendment to these Terms.
The Company is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
13. Responsibility & Commitment
The Company may seek to enable the user to set and achieve goals that may help to bring about the desired outcomes for the user. You bear sole responsibility for any decisions you may make following the contents on the Platform. We accept no liability for your actions. We shall not be liable for any loss incurred by any user, whether financial or otherwise, following your access/subscription to the Platform, or for any perceived failure by the user, whether justified or otherwise, to achieve material improvement or to achieve their desired outcomes or goals through the use of the Platform.
You are expected to use your discretion and best judgment while interacting and accessing the Platform. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself.
14. Consequences of Breach
Company is not liable for damages resulting from a User's breach of these Terms and the general rules of the Platform.
Regardless of any additional legal or contractual rights, it is at the reasonable discretion of the Company, that it may take the following actions against any user who culpably breaches statutory law, third party rights, these Terms, or any respective additional regulations and game rules:
- remove content;
- issue a warning to the user;
- temporarily or permanently block a user from specific or all online and mobile games and content of Company websites;
- suspend a user, also from certain game functions (e.g. chat);
- issue a temporary or permanent virtual ban from the game in cases of a violation of these Terms; or
- immediately terminate the contract.
If users have been blocked or excluded, they may not log in again to any service provided by Company without the prior consent of Company.
15. Entire Agreement
Company may remove, restrict, cancel or suspend access to and/or use of the Service and any part of it, if Company considers (in the sole discretion of Company) that You have breached any of these Terms.
You may also terminate your agreement with Company by ceasing to access the Service, deleting all copies of the Service or part thereof within your control. Termination shall not affect any rights or remedies, which have accrued up to the time of termination.
17. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996, or such similar laws of India, which are not in conflict with each other. Such shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts of Mumbai, India.
18. In-Game Currency & Reward Rules
- You earn coins when you win a game with AI and online (refer table below for details)
- You lose coins when you lose a game with AI and online (refer table below for details)
- A game is eligible to earn coins if the game has been won with a checkmate or timeout
- You incur a cost of 10 diamonds for using hints or threats
- You earn coins and diamonds on completion of milestones
- You incur no cost for using undo
- Older versions of the board does not support undo functionality
- Rewards can be redeemed using coins
- Any digital reward redeemed will be sent to the players registered email ID
- Any physical reward redeemed will be shipped to the provided shipping address
- All the reference to real money in the game is in US dollars and equivalent in other currencies
|Game Type||Win Value||Loss Value|
|AI Level 1||25||0|
|AI Level 2||50||0|
|AI Level 3||75||0|
|AI Level 4||100||-5|
|AI Level 5||125||-5|
|AI Level 6||150||-20|
|AI Level 7||175||-20|
|AI Level 8||200||-20|
|AI Level 9||225||-20|
|AI Level 10||250||-20|
|AI Level 11||275||-50|
|AI Level 12||300||-50|
|AI Level 13||325||-50|
|AI Level 14||350||-50|
|AI Level 15||375||-50|
|AI Level 16||400||-100|
|AI Level 17||425||-100|
|AI Level 18||450||-100|
|AI Level 19||475||-100|
|AI Level 20||500||-100|
20. Referral Program
- The referral program is available for all Square Off board customers
- You can refer the Square Off boards to an unlimited number of people
- You win rewards (as per ongoing offer) when someone makes a purchase using your referral code
- The reward will be transferred to you in the payment cycle after 30 days of product delivery to avoid any malpractice
- The payment cycle will be bi-monthly - 15th and 30th of each month
- In case the user cancels or returns the order, your rewards will be void
- Your rewards will be transferred to your shared bank account
- All the reference to real money is in US dollars and equivalent in other currencies
21. Member Conduct
You agree to not use the Service to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- post any comments, text, messages, or links in the forums or any public comments that contain any advertisements of any kind, including religious, political, or recruiting messages for Square Off groups, clubs, blogs, or any other content on or off of Square Off
- post any comments, text, messages, or links in the forums or any public comments that is off topic or irrelevant to the purpose and content of the original content, game, article, blog, or forum topic
- threaten violence against anyone else or advocate harming yourself
- "stalk" or otherwise harass another
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Square Off representative, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that includes the personal information of anyone else without their permission or that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights of any party
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchange
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, Square Off's computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Square Off's providers
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine," or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, and any regulations having the force of law; and/or
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in the paragraphs above.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service (including your Square Off username), use of the Service, or access to the Service. You agree that your Square Off account is non-transferable.
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not Square Off, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. Square Off does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may unintentionally be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Square Off be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.You acknowledge that Square Off may or may not pre-screen Content, but that Square Off and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Square Off and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates these Terms of Service or is otherwise objectionable. Square Off may remove any Content on the Service for any reason and may suspend or terminate users or reclaim usernames at any time without liability to you. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, (ii) enforce the Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property, or safety of Square Off, its users, and the public. You understand that the Service and software embodied within the Service may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by Square Off and/or content providers who provide content to the Service. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the Service. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided on the Service, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Square Off does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, you grant Square Off the following worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive license, with right of sublicense, to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, transmit, publicly perform and publicly display any Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
You agree to indemnify and hold Square Off and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the Terms of Service, or your violation of any rights of another.
24. Dealings With Advertisers
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that Square Off shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because Square Off has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Square Off is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Square Off shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
26. Proprietary Rights
All right, title, and interest in and to the Service, including applicable copyrights, trademarks, and any other proprietary rights, are and will remain the exclusive property of Square Off and its licensors. All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, and any other proprietary designations of Square Off used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Off. Other product and company names that are mentioned on the Service may be trademarks of their respective owners. Square Off reserves all rights not expressly granted in these Terms of Service.
Square Off grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of its Software on a single computer; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work from, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, nor to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Service. You agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Square Off for use in accessing the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms or require any other assistance with regards to the Services, please contact us on the following details:
Name: Infivention Team
E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org